Thursday, 8 March 2012

Simon says Stamp and Show,Sarah's Monthly Mojo March

Well im back today with a couple of items i stated altering on Monday.The first is over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.This weeks theme is Bottle it.Well hubby got alovely set of flavoured syrups for Christmas from costa .So i pinched the bottles .Here are two ive decorated using the Wendy Vecchic Fauux Galzed Crackle Technique.Which really impressed with and would use again.I first washed the bottles got labels off.They ahve a slight pattern on but To be sure the crackle stuck i uses Glue and seal coverd both bottles in this .Then waited waited until it had dries,then i began with the Distressed crackle Paint.I layered it on thick as i wanted to see the cracks more.I also dripped some down the side of each bottle.After waiting for over hour for all to dry inpatient when it comes to drying
I then used Archival plum ink all over the bottle once .The other one i used Distress stains Vintage Photo,Then went over the cracks with vintage distress ink.

I added a label and stamped happiness in picket fence added an image of a vintage lady.To the bottle and made a charm togo around the top of the bottle .added a wee lace embroidered flower bouquet where she was holding one.You can see to the right of the bottle my wee drip.

The vintage photo i added some beaded ribbon on the bottom of the bottle and a lovely filigree metal butterfly to which added pearls.To the top i had some ribbon fringe with dangling beads.
Here's close up hopefully yopu can see how well the crackle came out and drips.I absolutely love this technique and would recommend anyone to try.This is my first attempt but im will be using again!

Sarah's Monthly Mojo March

The theme this month is Vintage.So i have recycled a cigar box that was given to me in a swap.It is wooden.I first gessoed it and then painted it with Fresco paints Vintage .Then added Tattered Rose Distress Crackle paint sat and watched it dry ...oh so impatient when it comes to drying time .But sometimes i like to let them dry for a couple hours if not over night!

I then die cut some hard board to make my centre piece from and distressed that with tattered Rose inks..I then added a doiley to that stuck to the box with glue n seal.I wanted to make it look old /vintage and not just a white doiley,this way i got the effect i wanted.
My centre piece was a K &co chipboard embellishment.I added to that a metal oval with piccy of cameo on.
The flowers ,Leaves are from my stash and the large display with the beaded butterflies on i made and stuck down with the heat gun.The 2 pink roses on the chipboard centre piece i added Glossy accents to so i would get the 3d effect to give some dimension to them.

I then used my glue gun again to fix the vintage lace round the box and also the pipping around the top of the box all from my stash.(Im on use old stash up more in 2012)Ithen found this lovely wee porcelin rose which just went on the centre of the bottom of the box

Theen i used my new stash of New Prima papers "The Almanac Collection" and distressed the edges with tattered rose distress inks.

I hope youve enjoyed viewing at my creations as much as ive enjoyed creating them.Pop by both challenges why not have ago.

Lovely day here so off to have coffee in the garden!

hugs judex