Followers

Monday 16 January 2012

Dt Post for It's Crafting Time..Recycled Stamping Folder

Good Morning Monday sure is a cold frosty one here in Norfolk.Today is my first creation for Dt post over at It's Crafting Time.This week is a sketch made by the lovely Pina.I have used the sketch and rotated it for the fornt of my creation.Which is another folder to keep my Tim Holtz ,Crafty Individual stamps in. Now i have created this as many of you who know me i hate throwing anything out .So i have used some hardboard from the large envelopes someone sent me .
I have cut to the size that i required leaving little index corner at the top of both pieces .I have added 3 holes with my Big bite as i will be holding this together with jump rings.
After cutting out i then sanded all edges down so they were all smooth.I have used papers from my stash for the front im unsure who these gorgeous papers our from.Ive had them in my crafty stash for sometime you know the ones we lush about rather than use..lol.For the back and inside ive used Bo-bunny "EtCetera Collection"I have used scor pal tape to stick down all papers as i adore this stuff and sure it wont come off at anytime.As this will be a well used folder once completed.
Photo showing after cut hardboard and added holes


I then distressed all edges using Ranger Distress Inks.
In vintage photo,Gathered Twigs.I added the lace to the hession and fixed that to the front cover .(Do this before adding decorative paper to inside as this way covers the edgingup).
I then distressed my die cut and small doilie using the inks as above.For the Title i used Grunge board letters .(from the seasonal set.)
Inked those using the same distress inks then added Inkssentials Glossy Accents to the letters,let those dry naturaly.I then went onto make the lace flower cut a strip of lace depending on length depends one the size of the flower you want to end up with.For this i only wanted a small one .Along the top of the lace use a running stitch pulling slingtly as you go so it starts to ruffle.Then when you get to the desired shape finish off by sewing the middle of the flower together.I have then distressed a wooden Button in vintage photo ink.
I have added this to the center of the lace flower with a length of twine.

Once the letters are dry i then Distressed some scrabble tiles with Gathered Twigs Distress ink
I cut some corragated card and distressed that the same but then added Tattered Angel Glimmer mist Latte to give a bit of a glimmer to.
Now i stuck the letters down to the card except the "S" at the beginning and end these i stuck onto the tiles to get some dimmension.To finish off i added pearls from my stash in cream and brown.The top i added beautiful metal lock which i wanted to age abit so i followed Tim Holtz altered metal wth paint technique which i use alot.I used Arondack snow cap dabber
applied directly over the metal charm in all the wee edges ,before the paint dries simply wipe excess off with a cloth,until the desired look you want appears .I then added some distress ink vintage photo on top in some areas to get the finished oldy look.


For the inside cover i distressed round the edges using the smae 2 inks.Then i used distress stain in Walnut and splatted randomly on the page to get the desired effect i wanted .This is the inside front cover whihc will be the index.The letters are grunge and covered in distressed vintage photo ink,once dried wither with heat gun or left i added glossy Accents.


for the back cover same as the inside except this time i added some stamped sentiments from Artistic Stamper in distress inks Gathered Twigs from the Autumn seasonal set.

I then added a quote from the bo -bunny paper set i used and distressed edges ,then added glossy accents to the wording .Leave to set.You can if you want to add fibers or ribbons to the jump rings but i like mine left plain on this occassion.



Then you can either fill with plastic sheets to hold your stamps or just use the card they come on.I had some Tim Holtz sleeves left so thats what ive used .I am entering this into this weeks Simon Says Stamp & Show : Anything but a card.

I hope you like my recycled folder for stamps ,i actual fact you could make a folder like this to hold your metal dies instead of plastic sheets use magnetic.

Well i hope you like my finished altered item would love to know what you think .Please pop over to the Challenge blog and join in with the sketch at it's Crafting Time
Have alovely monday please pop back tomorrow as i have an Altered gravy Pot to show you!

love n hugs
post signature

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Stunning folder Jude. I might just be having a go at this as my TH stmp folders won't fasten anymore and hubby says I can't buy another :(.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is certainly a labor of love - very time intensive! Beautiful project! Wishing you a happy week! I hope that your daughter is feeling much better!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Candy C said...

Wow oh wow, Jude. This is such a beautiful folder to keep your stamps in. I love the outside covers. That Bo Bunny EtCetera paper is so cool anyway and you really made it even BETTER! I love everything you did to make such an interesting cover. Beautiful design. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Jude,
This is so very cool! I just love it. Thanks for sharing.

Kay

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great collage!!

greetings, Alie :-)

jill said...

Hope your daughter gets well soon it can't be much fun for her & a worry to you having her unwell for so long.
Fab stamp folder you've made

Nancy Wethington said...

Love the tones you used for this folder. So resourceful to think of this. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the ink splat page and the burlap on the front color! So much you can do with browns and tans! : )

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Those colours are right up my street! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon.